PLEASE NOTE: As of January 2013, we regret to inform you that Blu Cocoon is no longer offering Vitamin B12 injections as our compounding pharmacy has discontinued the B12.
Some of you may not remember this, but back in the 1970s doctors would administer Vitamin B shots for those who were feeling under the weather or sick. A shot of B12 is very beneficial for the body. For one reason or another, we moved away from the vitamin B shot into people more commonly taking it sublingually or through a nasal spray. But Blu Cocoon is bringing back the B-12 shot!
Why a Vitamin B12 injection?
Some people have a hard time absorbing B12 from food or supplements. It is the most effective way to take B12.
What Vitamin B12 shots are offered at Blu Cocoon?
Currently we are offering 3 types of Vitamin B shots:
- B12 with MIC
- B12 with MIC and B-Complex
Benefits from the Vitamin B12 shot:
- Helps with emotional balance and a positive mood
- Increases energy and stamina
- Lowers your risk of heart disease and stroke
- Helps with more restful sleep
- Diminishes your risk of developing Alzheimer’s disease
- Helps provide healthy skin, bones, hair and muscles
- Helps relieve dry, itchy skin and rashes
- Helps with brain cell function and brain health
- Helps with mental clarity and memory
- Helps with nerve impulses and hormone synthesis
- Helps reduce the levels of harmful homocysteine
- Helps eliminate brain fog and stay mentally sharp
- Provides a great source of protein for vegetarians
- Gives energy without jitteriness, palpitation, sleeplessness (as found in other things like energy drinks, etc.,)
B12 injections are for people who want the energy, not the weight loss, and for those who want to lose weight but have a sulfa allergy and cannot take B12 with MIC. Although the results are slower with the B12 by itself, it does help by boosting energy which helps to increase calorie burn.
What is Vitamin B12 with MIC?
The B12 with MIC shot will provide you with the benefits listed above and the MIC component will aid in weight loss.
- “M” stands for Methionine (an amino acid) that helps breakdown fats, increases energy production and muscle building, may improve memory recall and is a great antioxidant.
- “I” stands for Inositol (a nutrient) that prevents collection of fats in the liver, participates in the action of serotonin to control mood and appetite, nourishes the brain and promotes hair growth.
- “C” stands for “Choline” (similar to B-vitamins) that protects the liver from certain types of damage, may help to lower cholesterol, may help prevent memory loss and may protect against certain types of cancers.
How does B12 with MIC help to lose weight?
The three amino acids (MIC) are essential for the health of your liver. The liver is responsible for removing fat and toxins from your body. MIC enhances the liver function which increases the flow of fats and bile from the liver and gallbladder. The combination of the huge energy boost from the B12 and the liver working more efficiently results in the faster burn of calories and the more efficient removal of fat (and toxins) from your body through the liver.
What is Vitamin B12 with MIC and B-Complex?
This supplement does all of the above with the added bonus of B-Complex that consists of riboflavin, thiamine, pyridoxine, niacinamide and cyanocobalamin.
The B-Complex can benefit your body through energy production, aiding in digesting of protein, fat, and carbohydrates, regulation of adrenal glands and production of certain hormones, prevents birth defects, improves mood, memory and concentration, and helps to maintain a healthy heart.
Does the lost weight come back when you stop using the B12 with MIC injections?
It is recommended to use these injections in conjunction with a diet and exercise program. As with any weight loss program, the only way to keep the weight off long term is to change your lifestyle.
Can an appetite suppressant be taken along with the injections?
How often should I take B12 injections?
B12 injections can be taken once a week.
Can I take these injections while on other prescription medications?
Yes, the B12 injections are very safe. It will not interfere with any other medications that you are on. We recommend consulting your physician before starting the B12 injections.
Vitamin B12 injections are available at Blu Cocoon now! Call us book an appointment to get started on your B12 energy boost / weight loss supplement today. 408.295.2580.