At Blu Cocoon MedSpa we are always looking for ways to defy the aging process! We’ve found something that is a game-changer – it’s called Sculptra – and we are excited to bring it to our San Jose MedSpa.
Sculptra is a long-lasting facial injectable that gives results that can last for more than two years! How so? Sculptra is made from poly-L-lactic acid (which is a biocompatible, biodegradable synthetic material that’s been used by physicians for decades) that helps to replace lost collagen.
As we age, our bodies natural collagen levels decrease and that is one of the ways wrinkles and deep creases are formed in the skin. Sculptra works to correct shallow to deep facial wrinkles and folds by encouraging collagen growth which provides a firmer foundation for your skin. Gradually and over time, the newly reinforced foundation will restore fullness in your face, giving you a more youthful appearance that can last two years or more.
Now that we’ve got you interested, here are some Sculptra FAQs:
Where can Sculptra be used?
- Sculptra can be used in the facial area to correct shallow to deep facial wrinkles and folds around the nose and mouth including the nasiolabial folds (the folds from your nose to your mouth), the marionette lines (the lines framing your mouth), and chin wrinkles.
What is the full course of treatment to maximize my results? And when can I see results?
- Most people require an average of three injection sessions over a few months for best results. Results do not happen overnight. They are subtle and as your collagen re-builds, your appearance will change over time.
Is Sculptra Aesthetic safe?
- Sculptra has been FDA approved in the United States since 1999. Sculptra is made of a synthetic material called poly-L-lactic acid that is absorbed naturally by the body and has been used for years in dissolvable stitches.
Are there side effects from Sculptra?
- Reported side effects include injection site pain, redness, bruising, bleeding, or swelling. Small bumps under the skin that can sometimes be noticeable when pressing the treated area may also occur. Larger lumps, with or without inflammation, have also been reported. Other side effects may include the delayed development of non-visible, small bumps under the skin.
How much does Sculptra cost?
- Cost will vary by individual, depending upon treatment areas and number of treatments needed.
If you’re interested in reversing the aging process with Sculptra, schedule a consultation appointment either online or by calling us at 408.295.2580.