Obagi’s Hydrate Luxe Moisture-Rich cream was formulated to work with the body’s natural circadian rhythm. You are probably thinking, what does that have to do with dry skin?! In short answer, a lot!
The term “beauty rest” is pretty accurate because that is when your body is hard at work to renew and restore your skin. Here are a few facts from The American Association of Medical Chronobiology and Chronotherapeutics about skin:
- Cell proliferation peaks at midnight, and is lowest at noon
- Blood flow is 25% lower at night
- Skin pH is more acidic during sleep
Obagi’s Hydrate Luxe was engineered with those facts in mind – so essentially it’s a “smart” moisturizer. It contains soothing and hydrating ingredients including shea butter, mango butter, and avocado, along with:
- Biomimetic peptides – a technology to complement your skin’s nightly renewal and metabolic functions (result: more skin support and lessening the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles)
- Hydromanil – an ingredient to proved immediate moisturization and gradual moisture delivery for 8-hour moisture protection
If you are looking to get rid of the dry skin woes, or simply want more out of a moisturizer, the Obagi Hydrate Luxe comes highly recommended from our San Jose MedSpa.