The holidays, which are rapidly approaching, can be a stressful time. But you don’t have to wear the stress on your face! Botox and Dysport (the Botox alternative) are perfect “pick-me-ups” for those forehead frowns that seem to zap the “holiday cheer” from your face.
Botox and Dysport temporarily relax the muscles in the forehead to give a person a more “rested” appearance. For those of you who are new to medispa anti-wrinkle treatments such as Botox, here are some Botox / Dsyport facts:
- Botox and Dysport are a purified protein used to soften the appearance of wrinkles and lines in the face and are FDA-approved
- Botox and Dysport treat overactive muscles by blocking the signals that tell the muscles to contract
- Botox and Dysport are safe, quick and effective treatments (if done by a well-trained clinician) and the most popular medical cosmetic procedures in the country
- The effects of Botox or Dysport typically last 3 to 4 months
- Botox and Dysport do not affect the nerves responsible for sensation so there is no numbness in the treatment area
- Botox and Dysport vary slightly (on the molecular level) and a client can choose to use either. Some say that the onset of Dysport is faster (because it is a smaller molecule) but each person may have a slightly different experience.
Give yourself the gift of a stress-free appearance this holiday season that will keep on giving throughout winter! Schedule a Botox appointment at Blu Cocoon by calling 408.295.2580.