Judging from the popularity of Botox and fillers at our San Jose MedSpa, we could’ve guessed that they are the most sought out minimally-invasive cosmetic treatments in the US and recently the American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS) confirmed this in their annual 2018 National Plastic Surgery Statistics report.
The top minimally-invasive cosmetic procedures (and number of treatments) from last year were:
- Botox, Dysport, Xeomin: 7,437,378
- Soft Tissue Dermal Fillers (including Juvederm, Restylane, etc.,): 2,676,970
- Chemical Peels: 1,384,327
- Laser Hair Removal: 1,077,490
- Microdermabrasion: 709,413
- IPL treatments (FotoFacial): 675,552
- Laser Skin Resurfacing: 594,266
- Non-Invasive Fat Reduction (CoolSculpting, etc.,): 376,962
- Non-Surgical Skin Tightening (Ultherapy, etc.,): 335,290
- Sclerotherapy (varicose and spider vein treatment): 323,234
Since 2000, the number of Botox treatments has grown 845%! From a mere 786,000 treatments to over 7 million!
It is not surprising that Botox is consistently the chart topper. The treatment is quick (30-45 minutes) and accomplishes a lot! There is no downtime and when the results set in (from a few days to about 2 weeks), they are noticeable. Botox / Dysport drastically reduces the appearance of moderate to severe wrinkles in the forehead area, around the eyes, and/or scowl. One treatment will “turn your frown upside down”. A Botox/Dysport treatment lasts 3-4 months.
Fillers, the second most popular treatment in the US, are another anti-wrinkle treatment. They “fill” crevices in your face, and can also enhance features like lips, cheekbones, a nose (read more about nose reshaping using filler here) and much more. The benefits of fillers last 6 to 12+ months.
If you’ve been wanting to try fillers or Botox, call us at 408-295-2580 to schedule a consultation or request an appointment online.