We have two new products from Colorescience that are designed to protect your skin from environmental aggressors. Sun exposure – one of the aggressors – isn’t the only factor that we are exposed to daily. Environmental aggressors – that can contribute to skin damage and premature aging – include:
- Pollution impairs skin barrier function, breaks down collagen, causes inflammation, and can cause hyperpigmentation
- High Energy Visible (HEV) light, also known as “Blue Light”, is emitted from LED lights and digital devices (screens). Long term exposure can cause inflammation, skin color changes, and weakening of the skin’s barrier.
- Infrared Radiation exposure comes from anywhere that emits heat – hair dryers, ovens, the sun – and studies have shown that it may generate free radicals that alter collagen and elastin structures in the skin.
- UVA / UVB (UVA = “aging rays”; UVB = “burning rays”) rays are primarily responsible for aging of the skin.
Colorescience has two sun protection products that shields your skin against sun rays and harmful aggressors like those described above:
- Sunforgettable Total Protection Face Shield SPF 50
- Sunforgettable Total Protection Body Shield SPF 50
Both are powered by EnviroScreen Technology (an exclusive blend of ingredients and patented sunscreen actives to create a barrier on the skin) for total protection against environmental aggressors. The Face Shield and Body Shield are:
- Weightless and blend invisibly into all skin tones
- 12% Zinc Oxide
- Hydrating, calming, and antioxidant-rich
- Oil-free, hypoallergenic
- Recommended by the Skin Cancer Foundation
Get Colorescience Face Shield and Body Shield, along with many other Colorescience makeup and skincare products, in San Jose, CA, at Blu Cocoon MedSpa.