We love seeing dermal fillers work their “magic” on many of our clients (and staff too) at Blu Cocoon MedSpa. People love the instant results that most fillers give and literally walk out our door with fuller cheekbones, lifted eyes, plump lips and much more. Some of our clients use fillers to replace the volume they have lost with aging. Others use it to diminish problems such as acne scars, wrinkles, and fine lines. The best part about fillers is that if it is done with skill and expertise, no one will know what your youthful “secret” is!
For those of you who are considering getting dermal fillers, we want to emphasize that at Blu Cocoon there is no “one size fits all” dermal filler treatment. Our clinicians consider the individual needs and wants of each client and can expertly advise what will work best, including which type of filler to use. Since there are quite a few fillers on the market, and we know it can be confusing, we wanted to share with you a bit about each filler that we carry so you have a better idea of what they could do for you:
- Restylane is a formulation of hyaluronic acid and is formulated to act like your body’s own naturally produced hyaluronic acid; it is primarily used to reduce facial wrinkles and folds and/or to add fullness to your lips. Correction is immediate and results may last up to one year.
- Perlane is from the same family as Restylane and is formulated the same however the molecules are bigger so that it can be used on a deeper level to correct severe facial wrinkles and folds. Correction is immediate and results may last up to one year.
- Juvederm and Juvederm Ultra Plus are gel fillers that contain hyaluronic acid and are manufactured with a crosslink pattern to provide stability. Juvederm can be used to smooth multiple areas including smile lines to vertical lip lines; Juvederm Ultra Plus is more crosslinked and is used to fill deeper lines and areas of greater volume loss and is better used over a wider area. Correction is immediate and results can last up to one year.
- Radiesse is made from tiny calcium-based microspheres that act as a scaffolding under the skin and stimulate a person’s own natural collagen to grow, extending the life of the filler. Treatment areas include smile lines, marionette lines (the lines that frame your mouth), corners of the mouth, pre-jowl area, and chin wrinkles. Results are immediate and are clinically proven to last a year or more.
- Sculptra is made from a biocompatible, biodegradable material, poly-L-lactic acid, that is designed to encourage collagen growth for a firmer foundation. Sculptra is recommended for the nasolabial lines (folds from the corner of the nose to the mouth) and marionette lines. Results happen gradually and a series of treatments (three injection sessions) is usually recommended for full correction. Results can last two years or more.
- Juvederm Voluma was designed to specifically enhance areas that lose volume such as the mid-face/cheek area. Juvederm Voluma is a tightly cross-linked gel that insures lift and duration. Results are seen immediately and can last up to two years.
If you have questions or would like to make an appointment for a dermal filler treatment, call us at 408-295-2580.