Using a facial moisturizer is second nature to most of us. Many people have used a moisturizer since their teens (maybe even the same type?!) but how do you know if it is really working for your skin? Skin type and skin’s needs change as we age so it may be time for you to re-evaluate.
Here is what you can expect from a good moisturizer:
- Skin will look a bit plumper and fine lines will soften after application.
- The moisturizer will absorb easily into skin when applied.
- The skin will not appear oily or greasy.
- Dryness or tightness will feel relieved.
- The moisturizer will not feel like an extra layer on your skin.
- Skin will feel soft and supple to the touch after applying moisturizer and you will not be able to feel the product.
- The moisturizer will not pill up under makeup application.
Taking into consideration all of the above will help you assess whether your current moisturizer is getting the job done.